You’re a Mitsubishi DSM or Evolution owner and you want to know how to improve your car’s performance—even EVOlutionistic! David Peterson’s Modifying Your Mitsubishi Powered DSM & EVO’s 4G63 a Honda Hunter and V8 Eater is the book you need. David Peterson knows cars. He rebuilt his first engine at the age of 16, has been a mechanic since he was 20, and he now runs an auto service repair facility and owns a car dealership, and he’s just as obsessed with DSMs and EVOs as you are.
Working closely with renowned Mitsubishi experts Buschur Racing, Peterson has put together a guide to improving your car’s performance with and without modifying the engine or drivetrain, in the most high-performance and cost-effective way possible. David Peterson walks you through the stages you’ll need to perform on your car to get it up to on-track racing level. Modifications include:
- Increasing horsepower without modifying the engine block, by working on air induction, the exhaust system, the fuel system, the clutch and the turbo
- Improving brake lines, brake rotors and brake pads (so you can handle all of this new horsepower!)
- Improving the suspension, for safety and better distribution of the torque from the drivetrain to the ground
- Replacing the intercooler
- Upgrading the turbo, and all the steps and parts required to do this safely and effectively
- Working on the engine block, bottom end and heads
But Modifying Your Mitsubishi Powered DSM & EVO’s 4G63 a Honda Hunter and V8 Eater is more than just an invaluable guide to upgrading your car: it brings together the past, present and future of this class of racing. It’s also a history of the Diamond Star Motors (DSM) brand, up to and beyond the EVO, and of Buschur Racing. The book also includes information about the newest Mitsubishi Evolution IX, glossy pictures of some of the best-known cars on the circuit, and details on the great names who race in this class.
So if you’re an enthusiast of these gorgeous muscle cars, get this book, get out on the track, and get into first place.
This is a must have book for racing enthusiasts.